27.3 C
Dubai
Saturday, October 16, 2021

Indians not to travel for Haj this year – News – Region

Must read

Congo’s Sassou Nguesso re-elected

The Republic of Congo’s veteran president, Denis Sassou Nguesso, has been re-elected with 88.57% of the...

What We Are Eating Today: Lazy Masoub

Author: Nada HameedID: 1634243654867515700Thu, 2021-10-14 23:33 Lazy Masoub is a newly opened restaurant in Jeddah offering Saudi street food with a contemporary twist. Inspired by the banana...


Muslims from India will not go to the Holy Land to perform Haj this year, the Minister for Minority Affairs, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, announced here today.

This follows a phone conversation between Naqvi and the Minister for Haj and Umrah in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Dr Mohammad Saleh bin Taher Benten yesterday.

The Saudi Minister briefed Naqvi in detail about the Kingdom’s efforts to fight COVID-19 infections. He suggested to India not to send pilgrims for Haj this year.

Two hundred thousand Indian Muslims had performed Haj in 2019. Half of them were women. About 213,000 persons had already registered to travel for Haj this year, Naqvi told a press conference here today.

He said the government will immediately refund the full amount of money deposited by the applicants without any deduction following the Kingdom’s preventive and precautionary measures during the 1441 H/ 2020 AD Haj season.

Print
Email






Source link

- Advertisement -

More articles

Leave a Reply

- Advertisement -

Latest article

Migrant movie opens Rome Film Festival

Author: Fri, 2021-10-15 14:22 ROME: The tragedies of migrants risking their lives trying to reach Europe from North Africa and Syria was the focus of...